Scottish executive is to spend an additional £20m tackling
delayed discharge from hospitals this year following an
announcement by first minister Jack McConnell. The funding has been taken from
Scotland’s £86m share of additional health spending
money allocated by chancellor Gordon Brown last November. McConnell
said that the funding would provide up to 1,000 more places
“in more appropriate settings”.
More money to tackle delayed discharge
More from Community Care
- Why this council is reinventing the social work front door by saying goodbye to written referrals
- Can you see the real me?
- ‘A director’s job is to enable social workers to be the best they can be’
- 5 reasons why social workers love to work at this council
- How this adult social care service’s open culture supports brave social work
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters