- April 2004. Consultation on voluntary and community sector and
children’s services, including streamlining of funding.
Inspectorates consult on integrated inspection framework.
- May 2004. Council funding rationalisation and common assessment
- Autumn 2004. Further Next Steps document to outline details
including funding for 2005-8 and government targets. Pay and
workforce strategy revealed.
- By November 2004. Anticipated Royal Assent for Bill.
- By December 2004. National Service Framework for Children,
Young People and Maternity Service and common assessment framework
- February 2005. Children’s commissioner in England
appointed and to take up post in April.
- By 2006. Local safeguarding children’s boards
- By 2008. All councils to have in place children’s
services director, lead council member and children’s
Children Bill: Timescale of bill’s measures
More from Community Care
- Grand designs: How Kirklees is building on child-centred social work foundations
- Swap deadlines and diaries for the chance to truly change a life
- Social workers deserve a council that understands social work
- Breaking with tradition: Adult social work in Norfolk
- How has Milton Keynes Council Children’s Social Care achieved 90% permanent social workers?
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters