- April 2004. Consultation on voluntary and community sector and
children’s services, including streamlining of funding.
Inspectorates consult on integrated inspection framework.
- May 2004. Council funding rationalisation and common assessment
- Autumn 2004. Further Next Steps document to outline details
including funding for 2005-8 and government targets. Pay and
workforce strategy revealed.
- By November 2004. Anticipated Royal Assent for Bill.
- By December 2004. National Service Framework for Children,
Young People and Maternity Service and common assessment framework
- February 2005. Children’s commissioner in England
appointed and to take up post in April.
- By 2006. Local safeguarding children’s boards
- By 2008. All councils to have in place children’s
services director, lead council member and children’s
Children Bill: Timescale of bill’s measures
More from Community Care
- Be part of the adult social care dream team
- ‘The social work pods mean you feel part of a unit that pulls together’
- ‘It felt like we social worked people but then we moved to Signs of Safety’
- Are you ready to crack the toughest challenge in foster carer recruitment?
- Why you should start your social work career in Oxfordshire
- ‘Social workers have families too and this job should not come at the cost of their own home life’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters