Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to its
Equality Policy and all job applicants will be treated equally and
fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We will make every effort to ensure that you are dealt
with to the following standards:-
- You will be treated in a polite and helpful manner at all
- We will try to take account of any particular needs you advise
us of in relation to the recruitment and selection process.
- Whenever we contact you we will give you the name and telephone
number of someone who will deal with any queries you may have.
- Your application will be dealt with efficiently and
- application forms will be sent out within two working days of
your request being received;
- returned application forms are not acknowledged unless you send
a stamped addressed envelope/postcard, but you will be informed if
you have been shortlisted for interview within 28 working days of
the closing date.
- You will be advised within 10 working days of the result of any
interview or selection test that you have taken part in, and you
will have the right to discuss the results with the chairperson of
the interview panel;
- You will be kept informed of any delays that may occur in the
recruitment and selection process, together with the reasons for
All information provided to you will be:-
- written in plain English;
- up to date, accurate and produced to professional
- produced in large print format or Braille where requested.
- To ensure fairness for all applicants only applications
received by the closing date will be considered.
- All decisions will be made on merit in line with the
Council’s Recruitment and Selection and Equality
- All decisions will be made on merit and in line with the job
and skills requirements already set for the vacancy.
- On request we will provide feedback to candidates on reasons
for non-selection either at the shortlisting stage or following
- We will take seriously any complaints or concerns you may have
about your treatment during the recruitment and selection process.
We will investigate these promptly in line with the following
To go to Recruitment and Selection Complaints Procedure click
To return to previous page click
To go to Contents page click