The virtual bouquet of flowers this week goes to Jane Campbell. The disability campaigner announced last month that she would be stepping down next year from her role as chair of Scie a year earlier than expected. Campbell told Community Care about her desire to make time for a greater involvement in campaigning issues, particularly decision-making at the end and beginning of life. Having been a strong voice on disability issues for a long time and a prominent chair of Scie, our readers have crowned her the winner of this week’s award.
October 26, 2005 in Community Care
More from Community Care
- Why this council is reinventing the social work front door by saying goodbye to written referrals
- Can you see the real me?
- ‘A director’s job is to enable social workers to be the best they can be’
- 5 reasons why social workers love to work at this council
- How this adult social care service’s open culture supports brave social work
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters