The virtual bouquet of flowers this week goes to Jane Campbell. The disability campaigner announced last month that she would be stepping down next year from her role as chair of Scie a year earlier than expected. Campbell told Community Care about her desire to make time for a greater involvement in campaigning issues, particularly decision-making at the end and beginning of life. Having been a strong voice on disability issues for a long time and a prominent chair of Scie, our readers have crowned her the winner of this week’s award.
October 26, 2005 in Community Care
More from Community Care
- Social Worker of the Year Awards – chair and trustees
- Want a smaller caseload? Come and work at Rotherham
- HCL Social Care’s technology solutions are keeping social workers happy
- It’s time to focus on students’ mental health
- Haringey – priority one, giving children and young people the best start in life