The virtual bouquet of flowers this week goes to Jane Campbell. The disability campaigner announced last month that she would be stepping down next year from her role as chair of Scie a year earlier than expected. Campbell told Community Care about her desire to make time for a greater involvement in campaigning issues, particularly decision-making at the end and beginning of life. Having been a strong voice on disability issues for a long time and a prominent chair of Scie, our readers have crowned her the winner of this week’s award.
October 26, 2005 in Community Care
More from Community Care
- ‘We’re finally getting it right for young people’
- Six ways we are building better careers for experienced adults’ social workers
- ‘The best of the service came out in the snow’
- It was some of the best social work training I’ve ever done
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters