For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- Isn’t it time you got to work your way? Introducing the Casual Social Worker Bank
- Be part of the adult social care dream team
- ‘The social work pods mean you feel part of a unit that pulls together’
- ‘It felt like we social worked people but then we moved to Signs of Safety’
- Are you ready to crack the toughest challenge in foster carer recruitment?
- Why you should start your social work career in Oxfordshire
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters