For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- ‘Just over a week after I joined, we got the call from Ofsted’
- Variety and security: Life as a peripatetic social worker
- How one council fixed the broken career ladder in children’s social work
- A collaborative approach to make the knowledge and skills statement work for adult social workers
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters