For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- Positive, supportive: Social work in Taunton and West Somerset
- Leap forward to the top 5% of children’s services with Hampshire County Council
- West Sussex: A clear path for advancing your career in children’s social work
- Social work reinvigorated: how Dorset is making social work all about practice not process
- Why your next social work job should be in… Lancashire
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters