For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- Be a part of something ‘good’ – Hertfordshire County Council
- Shaping the landscape of social care
- A breath of fresh air: social work in Suffolk
- What locum social workers need to know about IR35 tax changes
- East Sussex: investing in you – the social worker
- Want low caseloads? Come and ‘Try Before You Apply’ at Somerset County Council
- Havering: A London borough making a positive impact in social work
- Employer zone