By Phillip Cooper
* Should family learning be regarded as the responsibility of adult and community learning or children and family services within the local authority structure?
* Should the decision in answer to the above question be determined by which area of responsibility will be less at risk from budget cuts?
* Should individual primary schools be expected to nominate/appoint a teacher with specific responsibility for co-ordinating family learning for the parents of children on the school role?
GUIDE TIME FOR DISCUSSION: 20 minutes per question
Questions from Community Care – Different Class
More from Community Care
- How tearing up the paperwork gave our adult social care staff the freedom to get on with the job
- The Dorset formula for better outcomes for children: safe, supported social workers and manageable caseloads
- My journey from agency to permanent social work – and why I’ve never looked back
- The voice of children and young people being supported by children’s services in York
- Generation change: How one council’s bespoke social work model is revitalising practice
- Recognition, support and work-life balance: Dorset adult social care’s recipe for job satisfaction
- Better outcomes for people through transformation, a better workplace for social workers
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters