David Sneath, Jordans
STAR RATING: 3/5
Employment tribunals began in 1964 as industrial tribunals but over time grew in scope and complexity, writes Owen Davies.
David Sneath’s excellent guide to how the employment tribunal now operates offers an expert overview of the changes recently brought in.
In a book clearly not aimed at the beginner, he delivers a well organised and well referenced survey of the state of the law – and of tribunal procedures.
HR professionals and union officers will find the work helpful, but it assumes that the reader will be familiar with the old system and lapses into jargon familiar to tribunal representatives.
However, it is a book that amply repays careful reading.
Owen Davies is national officer, Unison
More from Community Care
- Social Worker of the Year Awards – chair and trustees
- Want a smaller caseload? Come and work at Rotherham
- HCL Social Care’s technology solutions are keeping social workers happy
- It’s time to focus on students’ mental health
- Haringey – priority one, giving children and young people the best start in life