David Sneath, Jordans
STAR RATING: 3/5
Employment tribunals began in 1964 as industrial tribunals but over time grew in scope and complexity, writes Owen Davies.
David Sneath’s excellent guide to how the employment tribunal now operates offers an expert overview of the changes recently brought in.
In a book clearly not aimed at the beginner, he delivers a well organised and well referenced survey of the state of the law – and of tribunal procedures.
HR professionals and union officers will find the work helpful, but it assumes that the reader will be familiar with the old system and lapses into jargon familiar to tribunal representatives.
However, it is a book that amply repays careful reading.
Owen Davies is national officer, Unison
More from Community Care
- Why we’re investing £6.5m to recruit more than 100 children’s social workers
- Helping to make the difference
- Young people leading the way on changing services in Doncaster
- What works (and what doesn’t) when celebrating social workers’ successes
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters