David Sneath, Jordans
STAR RATING: 3/5
Employment tribunals began in 1964 as industrial tribunals but over time grew in scope and complexity, writes Owen Davies.
David Sneath’s excellent guide to how the employment tribunal now operates offers an expert overview of the changes recently brought in.
In a book clearly not aimed at the beginner, he delivers a well organised and well referenced survey of the state of the law – and of tribunal procedures.
HR professionals and union officers will find the work helpful, but it assumes that the reader will be familiar with the old system and lapses into jargon familiar to tribunal representatives.
However, it is a book that amply repays careful reading.
Owen Davies is national officer, Unison
More from Community Care
- New approaches, new ideas to help children get a fresh start
- Team manager sought to help tackle child sexual exploitation
- ‘Just over a week after I joined, we got the call from Ofsted’
- Variety and security: Life as a peripatetic social worker
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters