By Claire Cameron and Elaine Chase
* What occupational models are in use for leaving care workers in your area?
* If care leavers have the option of a dedicated worker, would a mentor, pedagogue, or foster carer type model suit them best? Or should there be a range of possible options linking in with other advisory services for young people?
GUIDE TIME FOR DISCUSSION: 20 minutes per question
Questions from Community Care – Super models
More from Community Care
- How one council is making children-in-care profiles focus on needs not risks
- ‘Improving is about having the right social workers in the right place’
- How this council’s social workers are building a practice framework that’s built to last
- How a council is reducing caseloads and the emotional burden of child protection for its social workers
- ‘I didn’t just want to go anywhere. It had to be the right authority’
- Flexi-working, less box filling and more time with adults – how one council is liberating its social workers and OTs
- Take the power back: Meet the council that’s putting the trust and professionalism back in social work
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters