By Claire Cameron and Elaine Chase
* What occupational models are in use for leaving care workers in your area?
* If care leavers have the option of a dedicated worker, would a mentor, pedagogue, or foster carer type model suit them best? Or should there be a range of possible options linking in with other advisory services for young people?
GUIDE TIME FOR DISCUSSION: 20 minutes per question
Questions from Community Care – Super models
More from Community Care
- ‘It’s my job to make social workers feel safe’
- Do social work your way in Somerset
- Come and ‘Try Before You Apply’ at Somerset County Council
- Join Havering and lead the way on changing the lives of care leavers
- What is it like to be a referral and assessment social worker in York?
- Why your next social work job should be in … Norfolk
- Social work reinvigorated: how Dorset is making social work all about practice not process
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters