Who is it run by? The Children and Young People’s Participation Partnership, which consists of six children and young people’s organisations including the National Children’s Bureau and
The National Youth Agency.
Who is it for? Anyone who is interested in involving children and young people in decision making.
Highlight: The number of different links provided on this site is phenomenal. Each set is grouped under headings relating to different aspects of participation such as the policy framework it sits in and the training materials available. There are also links to networks of participation workers which can be searched in order to allow local projects and professionals to link up. A list of opportunities for children and young people to get involved in decision making is another helpful addition. On the down side the design is slightly text heavy, but this is a minor quibble about what is in general a great site.
February 27, 2006 in Young people
More from Community Care
- A breath of fresh air: social work in Suffolk
- What locum social workers need to know about IR35 tax changes
- East Sussex: investing in you – the social worker
- Want low caseloads? Come and ‘Try Before You Apply’ at Somerset County Council
- Havering: A London borough making a positive impact in social work
- Join a council where social workers are at the forefront of innovation
- Employer zone