Who is it run by? The Children and Young People’s Participation Partnership, which consists of six children and young people’s organisations including the National Children’s Bureau and
The National Youth Agency.
Who is it for? Anyone who is interested in involving children and young people in decision making.
Highlight: The number of different links provided on this site is phenomenal. Each set is grouped under headings relating to different aspects of participation such as the policy framework it sits in and the training materials available. There are also links to networks of participation workers which can be searched in order to allow local projects and professionals to link up. A list of opportunities for children and young people to get involved in decision making is another helpful addition. On the down side the design is slightly text heavy, but this is a minor quibble about what is in general a great site.
February 27, 2006 in Young people
More from Community Care
- Swap deadlines and diaries for the chance to truly change a life
- Social workers deserve a council that understands social work
- Breaking with tradition: Adult social work in Norfolk
- Five ways Signs of Safety made our children’s social work better
- How has Milton Keynes Council Children’s Social Care achieved 90% permanent social workers?
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters