STAR RATING: 4/5
Respond is a charity that challenges vulnerability and sexual abuse in the lives of people with learning difficulties, writes Daniel Hardy.
The website is split into sections which make it easy to understand. And using computer graphics to illustrate the different types of abuse and to show what bullying looks like is useful particularly for people with learning difficulties.
The site also details information about Respond’s helpline, where people can call Respond for advice and talk in confidence. There is also information for professionals, the services Respond provides, as well as up-to-date articles from users and professionals.
This site also gives practical guidance and information for things that you can do to protect people from abuse, such as information sheets on sex education, adult protection on the internet, or reading lists.
Daniel Hardy has learning difficulties and is equal access to justice project worker with Voice UK, a national learning difficulties charity
Website Review – www.respond.org.uk
March 31, 2006 in Community Care
More from Community Care
- Social Worker of the Year Awards – chair and trustees
- Want a smaller caseload? Come and work at Rotherham
- HCL Social Care’s technology solutions are keeping social workers happy
- It’s time to focus on students’ mental health
- Haringey – priority one, giving children and young people the best start in life