● Managers need to understand the law and understand they have a duty to protect lesbian, gay and bisexual staff.
● Employers should have robust policies about dealing with gay staff which can be easily accessed if they need to.
● Employers need effective disciplinary procedures that ensure people are not victimised if they make a complaint.
● Quality training on anti-discriminatory employment practice needs to be available for all staff and managers.
● Networks for staff need to be supported locally and on a national level so they do not feel isolated.