Stigma and taboo have surrounded suicide for centuries, but suicidal intentions need to be talked about when creating a safeplan. The aim is to intervene until the immediate danger has passed or until further assistance has been secured. Safeplans need to:
January 28, 2008 in Self harm/suicide
More from Community Care
- In a good place…What is it like to be a social worker in Kent?
- Young people transforming social care
- The green shoots of recovery in Rotherham social work
- A fulfilling career in children’s social work
- Can you win the trust of the most disaffected young people in society?
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters