This site promotes the festival of the same name that this year runs from 26 March to 8 April at venues in south west London. Now in its third year, the festival aims to promote awareness of well-being and mental health in black and minority ethnic communities through the use of film and arts. The website gives background information about the festival, has details of this year’s shows and performances and booking details. there is a dedicated section for young people, including information about the short film awards and scriptwriter courses it runs. Patron of the festival Meera Syaal, Bollywood actress Shabana Azmi and artist and film maker Isaac Julien are some of those taking part.Published in Community Care 26 March 2009
More from Community Care
- In a good place…What is it like to be a social worker in Kent?
- Young people transforming social care
- The green shoots of recovery in Rotherham social work
- A fulfilling career in children’s social work
- Can you win the trust of the most disaffected young people in society?
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters