This site promotes the festival of the same name that this year runs from 26 March to 8 April at venues in south west London. Now in its third year, the festival aims to promote awareness of well-being and mental health in black and minority ethnic communities through the use of film and arts. The website gives background information about the festival, has details of this year’s shows and performances and booking details. there is a dedicated section for young people, including information about the short film awards and scriptwriter courses it runs. Patron of the festival Meera Syaal, Bollywood actress Shabana Azmi and artist and film maker Isaac Julien are some of those taking part.Published in Community Care 26 March 2009
More from Community Care
- Why this council is reinventing the social work front door by saying goodbye to written referrals
- Can you see the real me?
- ‘A director’s job is to enable social workers to be the best they can be’
- 5 reasons why social workers love to work at this council
- How this adult social care service’s open culture supports brave social work
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters