Wandsworth Borough Council is inviting suitably qualified and experienced organisations to express an interest in being considered for the provision of Leaving Care Services for a period of five years with a possible further mutually agreed extension for one year. The contract will commence on 1st July 2010.
It is anticipated that tenders will be sought in July 2009. The estimated total annual value of the contract is £600,000.
Applications will only be considered from contractors who have and can demonstrate experience in both Leaving Care and Supported Housing.
Organisations wishing to be considered for selection to tender are required to submit a pre-qualifying questionnaire (PQQ). If you wish to make an application please contact: Geoffrey Coe at The Town Hall, Room 150, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 020 8871 6329 to discuss the contract. Please respond to this advert no later than Friday 22nd May 2009. The closing date for return of the completed PQQ is 5pm on Friday 5th June 2009.
Selection for inclusion within the tender list will be based on thefollowing criteria: –
1. Evidence of relevant experience of delivering Leaving Care and Supported Housing services.
2. Evidence of ability to deliver to the contract standard drawn from two references.
3. Proven ability to network with key local statutory and voluntary sector agencies and to work with ethnic communities and hard to reach groups.
4. Quality Assessment Framework grades from a Supporting People review of at least four Bs and three Cs.
5. Ability to demonstrate achievement of utilisation and turnover for the past three years; for long-term or floating support services, utilisation of on average at least 90%. Percentage of positive outcomes should be within 5% of the client group average for the Borough.
6. Sufficient suitably qualified staff.
7. Three years of profitable financial accounts and suitable insurance cover (Public Liability to a minimum of £5,000,000 (B) Employer’s Liability to a minimum of £5,000,000 (or statements that these will be obtained if awarded the relevant contract(s))
8. Organisation has an annual turnover equivalent to at least twice the contract value
9. Sound general company policies as outlined in the PQQ, including safeguarding, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety and equal opportunities.
Applicants are advised that references will be taken up in writing with all referees. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their referees respond within the time scale.
The award of the contract will be based on the lowest price.
A performance bond will not be required.
Draft specifications may be inspected at the Reception Desk, New Town Hall on weekdays between 09.00 and 17.00.