To obtain your discounts on conference presentations and on Community Care Inform you will need a discount code. If you haven’t received it from your UNISON branch you can call UNISON Direct on 0845 355 0845.
Conference presentation discounts
Community Care Conferences provide a wide range of conferences throughout the year on issues important to social care professionals in both children’s and adults services.
UNISON members can access 2013 conference presentations for £100 + VAT – a saving of £40 on the usual rate.
Whether you want to gain access to slides from a conference you were unable to attend, or you want to use these as a training tool, just pick from the list below.
If you’d like to take advantage of this offer, please email Martin Fewster, stating the conference you’re interested in and your UNISON membership number.
Presentations currently available
Overcoming challenges to support children and young people who display sexually harmful behaviour
View the Sexually Harmful Behaviour Brochure
The following presentations from this conference aren’t available:
- Working with pre-pubescent children with sexual behaviour problems – Lisa Saint, Children and Families Practitioner, Lucy Faithfull Foundation – Permission not given by speaker
- Decisions that practitioners make: Reporting on research into decision making and its implication for future practice – James Warr, Youth Offending Team and Court Officer, Flintshire Youth Justice Service – Permission not given by speaker
- Discussion session: Establishing best practice in multi-agency approaches to service delivery – No presentations from panel discussion
- We can’t always offer all presentations because speakers don’t always give permission for these to be shared.
- Once your order is received, you will be sent a booking form and when your payment has been processed you will be sent a link to the page and a password to access presentations. We are unable to provide instant access.
UNISON members can also get discounts to Inform.
Community Care Inform is a unique web-based training and learning resource that supports professionals working with children, young people and their families. With access to a wealth of authoritative, referenced, practice-related information, it enables social care professionals to confidently make and evidence informed decisions.
What do practitioners say about Inform? Click here to hear testimonials from some Inform users in Warwickshire.
UNISON members can purchase their own individual year’s subscription to this invaluable tool for the special discounted price of £173 + vat.
How to subscribe to Inform? Email Kim Poupart or call her on 0208 652 4848 to take advantage of this special offer. You will need to quote the special discount code you will receive from UNISON.
If you have any questions about any of these discounts please email CommunityCare