An invitation to our 13th Annual Healthcare Conference
One Birdcage Walk, Thursday 8th November, 2012
LCS International in partnership with the Sunday Times take great pleasure in inviting you to join us on Thursday 8th November at One Birdcage Walk, Westminster, SW1H 9JJ.
This conference is one of the leading annual policy debates which uniquely brings together senior people in the private and public sectors. The conference is held against the background of the recent enactment of Health and Social Care legislation the Governement Reshuffle and this summer’s publication of a new White Paper on Social Care.
Participants include :
- Lord Norman Warner, former Minister of State, DoH, and Chair, Dilnot Commission
- David Behan CBE, Chief Executive, CQC
- Baroness Judith Jolly, Lib Dem Co-Chair for Health and Social Care
- Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell MP, Chair, Health Select Committee
- Baroness Cumberlege, VP, Royal College of Nursing
- Shaun Gallagher, Acting Director General for Social Care, DoH
- Sarah Pickup, President of ADASS
- Sir Cyril Chantler, Chair, UCL Partners
- Joanne Shaw, Chair, NHS Direct
We anticipate discussions on the day around :
The Nicholson Challenge and its impact on the pace of change following the enactment of the Health and Social Care legislation in March this year.
New commissioning arrangements
Changes in care pathways and integrated care.
The Coalition Government’s proposals for rationalising regulations for Care of the Elderly, and persons with learning disabilities and mental illness, following the work of the Law Commission in 2009-2010.
Possible changes in the funding of long-term care (Dilnot), that will not only address inadvertent bias in the system and difficulties faced by people who are asset rich but income poor, but also how the government will encourage insurers to enter into the sector.
The price for this event is £275 plus VAT per attendee for the public and voluntary sectors (£550 plus VAT for the independent sector)
To book call LCS on 0207 291 4427 or e-mail : email@example.com
To see the full programme, or book your place, please visit our website
**10% reduction on advertised price if you quote CC110**