Do you or your organisation;
• have commercial experience of managing care homes and/or other services for older people?
• understand the emerging long term care needs of older people?
• have ideas regarding future care provision requirements in Southend?
Are you or your organisation;
• care home owners?
• Venture capitalists?
• Long term care or housing specialists?
If the answer to any of the above questions is YES, we would like to hear from you!
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council owns two residential care homes for older people; Delaware House and Priory House. These homes provide good quality care to their residents, however both homes are now ageing and the council is considering a number of options for their future. Among the options being considered are alternative ownership; modernisation/re-provision through third party finance; continue as now; and/or the closure and sale of one or both sites.
As part of the process of exploring these options, the council would like to encourage interested parties to attend a workshop and inform our thinking as the review of the current service progresses.
The key objectives of this workshop are to:
1. Explore further these and any other options
2. Understand the risks and benefits of each option
3. Gauge the interest from the market for each of the options
4. Understand the viability and deliverability of each of the options.
5. Gain a clearer understanding of timelines.
The workshop will take place from 2:00pm on the 13 February 2013 in Committee Room 10 at the Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6ER.
If you are interested in attending this workshop, please contact Darryl Mitchell to book your place.
Address: Corporate Procurement, 2nd Floor, Civic Centre, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 6ER.