by HCPC UK
A step by step guide to renewing online
1. To access your online account you’ll need your registration number and authentication code.
Your authentication code can be found on the back of your current registration card, this code will change each time a new card is issued.
These details are also included in correspondence when we invite you to renew your registration.
To access your online account, click on the ‘my account’ link on our website.
2. Enter you registration number and click continue
This can be found on the back of your registration card, and in any correspondence you have received from us.
3. A welcome message with your name will be displayed, now enter your authentication code.
4. Now enter the three requested characters from your password.
This is the password that you chose when you last used your online account, perhaps when you initially activated your account.
If you have forgotten your password, click on the ‘Lost your password?’ link and follow the steps to receive a reminder.
Click on ‘continue’ to proceed.
5. If you are asked to enter an activation code at this point, you will need to activate your account to create a password.
For more information please see the HCPC video on activating your online account.
If you haven’t used your online account for over a year you will be asked to change your password at this point.
Enter a new password and click ‘change password’ to proceed.
7. You are now logged into your online account, from here you can check your registration status, update your contact information, and review your payment method.
When your registration is due for renewal a notice will be displayed.
8. Click the ‘renew online now’ button to begin the renewal process.
9. First you’ll need to complete your professional declaration.
Confirm that you have continued to practice your profession and meet our standards by selecting the relevant check boxes.
Review your contact details and confirm your declaration by ticking the final check box and clicking ‘Submit renewal form’.
10. To complete the renewal process you will have to make a payment.
Most registrants choose to pay by using an existing direct debit, which also means the cost is spread over two years.
If you have an existing direct debit set up with us, check the details are correct and choose the first option to ‘Pay using my existing Direct Debit’.
You also have the option to pay the full fee up-front by credit or debit card, or to setup a new direct debit instruction.
Click the next button to confirm selection.
If you have chosen to pay by an existing direct debit you’ll be shown a payment schedule.
11. To complete your registration renewal, click the ‘confirm existing Direct Debit details and complete renewal’.
Once the renewal process is complete you’ll see a completion notice with confirmation of your next two-year cycle.
For more information on registration renewal and your online account, please visit our website on www.hcpc-uk.org/renew
Alongside the re-registration process, the HCPC will also be carrying out an audit of a random sample of 2.5% of social workers’ continuing professional development portfolios. Those selected will be informed by post after the renewal period opens and should expect to hear within two weeks.