After an eye-opening few days shadowing social workers (more on that soon), it’s back to business as usual. Here’s a quick spin around this week’s social care news.
Independent social work; Autism; Adoption; Munro
About Camilla Pemberton, journalist,Camilla Pemberton is Community Care's children's editor
The Children's Services blog covers the latest news, views, gossip and analysis in children’s social care. It is aimed at professionals working with these children, young people and their families.
It is written by Community Care’s children's beat editor Camilla Pemberton.
Email: Camilla Pemberton
Latest from Inform
- The lessons to be learnt from three recent high profile child abuse cases
- Serious case review into murdered foster carer finds unusually good progress should ring alarm bells
- ‘Being filmed for a BBC documentary helped me reflect on my own practice’
- Book review: ‘An inspirational must-read for everyone involved in adoption’
- ‘It feels like adoption has been singled out as the head teacher’s favourite so all the cool kids must take against it’
- Barbara kirk on The lessons to be learnt from three recent high profile child abuse cases
- Alex Farrell on The lessons to be learnt from three recent high profile child abuse cases
- Ivan Rowel on ‘Being filmed for a BBC documentary helped me reflect on my own practice’
- Berni Power on ‘Calls to change child protection after Daniel Pelka’s death merely offer an illusion of security’
- Peter Garsden on Eileen Munro on Daniel Pelka case: ‘I can’t claim I would have done better’