Half of women kept awake due to work stress
About Kirsty McGregorKirsty McGregor is Community Care's workforce editor. She reports daily on social workers' pay and conditions, education, training, career progression, registration and fitness to practise. This includes issues affecting newly qualified social workers across the UK and the recent development of the assessed and supported year in employment (ASYE) in England. She is also responsible for producing job hunting and career progression advice.
The Social Work blog covers the challenges facing Britain’s 2m-strong social care workforce: everything from pay and working conditions to stress and the latest social work conduct cases.
It is written by beat editor Kirsty McGregor
Email: Kirsty McGregor
Latest from Inform
- Social work diary: ‘He survived a nightmarish childhood we cannot imagine’
- ‘Social work is a noble and vital calling,’ says prime minister in speech to Tory party
- Workers to go on strike over unsociable hours change
- Social worker jailed for stealing over £31,000 from elderly clients
- Social worker cautioned for failing to report the whereabouts of a violent teenager
- choosesparky on Gove: ‘My banker friends have it easy compared to social workers’
- Patrick Donohoe on Gove: ‘My banker friends have it easy compared to social workers’
- Julia Abadi on Gove: ‘My banker friends have it easy compared to social workers’
- Andrea Mitchell on The books social workers recommend as good reads for students
- Rachael Kemp on The books social workers recommend as good reads for students