More funding for students in Wales

Social work students who normally reside in Wales will be able
to apply for funding for their studies, health and social services
minister Jane Hutt has announced.
Hutt said: “From 2004 payments of £2,500 a year of study will
be available for each student. They will also have the chance to
have their fees paid, up to a maximum of £1,100 and to claim
travelling expenses.
Students who are starting or already on the Diploma in Social Work
or the new social work degree will also be eligible to apply for
non-means tested funding.
“Social work is important and valuable work and we want to do all
we can to support and encourage people to enter the profession.
That is why we are introducing a new funding scheme to coincide
with the introduction of new degree level training.”

More from Community Care

Comments are closed.