Hampshire offers a generous range of benefits and ample training opportunities for employees, including:
Training and development
- Social workers receive five days of continuous professional development (CPD) annually to expand their knowledge and further improve their practice.
- The council’s workforce development team provides tailored training courses across the county.
- Practitioners are equipped with mobile phones and hybrid devices to facilitate flexible and remote working.
Help with relocation
- Qualified social workers moving to the county can receive help with relocation of up to £8,500.
- Pay ranges allow for salary progress in line with your performance and a market supplement is offered.
Local government pension
- All Hampshire council employees are eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Family-friendly policies include maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements.
Health and wellbeing
- The council offers a range of services, networks and training to support health and wellbeing.
- Employees continue to receive normal pay during defined periods of absence as part of the council’s sickness payment scheme.
- The council offers discounts on a range of goods and services including holidays, insurance, loans, health and fitness, broadband TV and phone, food and drink.
- Employees receive a minimum of 24 days per year (pro rata). This rises to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata) after five years’ service (dependent on grade).
Travel support and discounts
- Travel discounts include 10% discount on MOTs, a range of cycling discounts with selected retailers and 0% interest loans when you work for Hampshire.Public transport operators and cycle shops offer discounts. As these are not set by the council, they can be reduced or withdrawn at any time.