Tailor your experience with content designed around your job
- Hear from Adass president Ray James to learn about the current and future challenges of implementing The Care Act one month on
- Gain timely updates on implementation and how national best practice can translate to your locality, in our bespoke stream on The Care Act
- Get to grips with The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in our legal clinic so you can make more effective applications to the Court of Protection
- Plus: Join the debates on reforming dementia care, learning disabilities and integrating health and social care
- Find out what the key characteristics are for successful outcomes in child sexual exploitation and gain supporting best practice tips in our dedicated stream of topics to enhance your skills sets
- Join our interactive session to explore how professionals can challenge their own belief systems and better support children and young people at risk of CSE
- Develop an effective plan to ensure the voice of the child is the priority in your provision
- The latest legal perspective from Nigel Priestley of Ridley in our Special Guardianship Legal Clinic
- Understanding how to work to the 26 week timeframe in court proceedings in our extended masterclass
- The assumptions of maturity we make in transitioning care leavers with Hackney Child and Tainted Love author, Jenny Malloy
- Plus: Discover more about the prevention agenda from Birmingham City Council and how targeted early help can improve the wellbeing of children and support children’s safeguarding
- Understand how to build resilience in social work and learn coping strategies to support the wellbeing of yourself and your team
- Hear from Annie Hudson, Chief Executive, The College of Social Work on the different components of managing, leading and supervising and how the Professional Capabilities Framework supports these
- Top tips to support new managers from Julia Parfitt, Birmingham City Council (Team Leader of the Year, Adults, Social Worker of the Year Awards 2014)
- Plus: The learning from this event will enhance CPD from all sector professionals – from the frontline up to supervisors, team managers and directors – and at no cost to your training budgets!
Community Care Live is evolving to enhance your learning and professional development. Register today and invite your colleagues!
Community Care Live Birmingham 2015 is free of charge for all social work professionals registered with HCPC or equivalent UK registration body (Registration number will be required during registration process). Free of charge entry is also extended to Local Authority Commissioners and Procurement Officers, Local Authority Workforce and Development Leads/Managers, Police Officers, Local Authority YOT’s, Probation Officers, when registering. Please note all other job titles and areas of work will be charged at the congress delegate day rate of £199 + vat on the day. If you have any questions please contact the team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: False declaration to a free place and/or distribution of promotional literature will not be accepted and will result in you being asked to leave the event. No under 18s. Final year degree students only. All session places are available on a first come, first served basis. The congress programme may change at short notice