For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- How this council’s unified social work teams are cutting caseloads and improving support for families
- ‘The systemic approach triggered a change in our culture of supervision’
- How this council’s peri-team gives social workers proactive rather than reactive support
- Manageable caseloads, admin support and promotion opportunities: why we left our ‘good’ councils for this one
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters