For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- A helping hub for young people about to leave care
- ‘It’s every social worker’s dream – they listen to your ideas and let you try them’
- How we keep wellbeing at the forefront of our workforce priorities
- Supporting social work teams through a pandemic
- Average caseloads have halved thanks to workload changes
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters