For being forced to resign from the Cabinet for the second time in a year. Blunkett resigned from his post as work and pensions secretary after coming under fire for taking a job while out of office with a company that has sought government contracts. He admitted to not consulting an advisory committee before taking up corporate positions, despite three letters warning he should. Blunkett last year resigned from his post as Home Secretary amid allegations he had fast-tracked a visa for his lover’s nanny.
Click HERE to view previous recipients of the custard pie.
Custard Pie – 17 November 05
More from Community Care
- ‘Solutions can’t be scripted here – you have to be creative’
- Putting a team around the social worker to make a difference to families
- How working in residential care enables staff to build one-on-one relationships with young people
- ‘We will always challenge ourselves to transform our services to improve outcomes for children and families’
- ‘It’s our job is to observe the child, find their voice and be their advocate’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters