Community Care uses Browsealoud, a tool that improves accessibility through:
- text-to-speech functionality, enabling users to have any text on page read out loud;
- a translation service through which any page can be read in any of 99 languages;
- a picture dictionary that illustrates the meaning of any word clicked on;
- the ability to download a selection of text as an MP3 audio file;
- screen masks enabling users to focus on just one bit of the page at any time;
- a text magnifier;
- the ability to create a simplified version of any page.
To activate Browsealoud, simply click on the orange speak button on any page, which will generate a toolbar providing all the functionality.
Please note: the translation service uses the Google Translation API. No automated or computerised translation is perfect and this service is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. No warranty is given pertaining to the accuracy of translation. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, the original version takes precedence.