By Phillip Cooper
* Should family learning be regarded as the responsibility of adult and community learning or children and family services within the local authority structure?
* Should the decision in answer to the above question be determined by which area of responsibility will be less at risk from budget cuts?
* Should individual primary schools be expected to nominate/appoint a teacher with specific responsibility for co-ordinating family learning for the parents of children on the school role?
GUIDE TIME FOR DISCUSSION: 20 minutes per question
Questions from Community Care – Different Class
More from Community Care
- ‘We have all the right ingredients to make a difference for children and families’
- Podcast: Newham reshapes practice in its improvement journey
- Reflective sessions that allow social workers to put the local into national discussions
- Working from home but not working alone – how social workers are staying connected
- Podcasts and advent calendars: rethinking CPD for social workers
- New podcast episode on innovation and frontline social work
- ‘We want to tell children that we are doing everything we can to keep them with their family’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters