David Sneath, Jordans
STAR RATING: 3/5
Employment tribunals began in 1964 as industrial tribunals but over time grew in scope and complexity, writes Owen Davies.
David Sneath’s excellent guide to how the employment tribunal now operates offers an expert overview of the changes recently brought in.
In a book clearly not aimed at the beginner, he delivers a well organised and well referenced survey of the state of the law – and of tribunal procedures.
HR professionals and union officers will find the work helpful, but it assumes that the reader will be familiar with the old system and lapses into jargon familiar to tribunal representatives.
However, it is a book that amply repays careful reading.
Owen Davies is national officer, Unison
More from Community Care
- Making flexible working work for social workers, their families and the families they support
- A safe and supportive environment in which NQSWs can learn and flourish
- How one council is working to capture the voice of the child
- A job that doesn’t feel like work
- ‘There’s a real sense of pride in our work to reunite families’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters