Who is it run by? The Children and Young People’s Participation Partnership, which consists of six children and young people’s organisations including the National Children’s Bureau and
The National Youth Agency.
Who is it for? Anyone who is interested in involving children and young people in decision making.
Highlight: The number of different links provided on this site is phenomenal. Each set is grouped under headings relating to different aspects of participation such as the policy framework it sits in and the training materials available. There are also links to networks of participation workers which can be searched in order to allow local projects and professionals to link up. A list of opportunities for children and young people to get involved in decision making is another helpful addition. On the down side the design is slightly text heavy, but this is a minor quibble about what is in general a great site.
February 27, 2006 in Young people
More from Community Care
- Making flexible working work for social workers, their families and the families they support
- A safe and supportive environment in which NQSWs can learn and flourish
- How one council is working to capture the voice of the child
- A job that doesn’t feel like work
- ‘There’s a real sense of pride in our work to reunite families’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters