The London Borough of Greenwich invites expressions of interest from potential providers of a
MENTAL HEALTH COMMUNITY (FLOATING) SUPPORT SERVICE via STaR workers. Ref DAOP/01208
The London Borough of Greenwich is seeking an experienced, suitably qualified and financially sound Organisation to provide a Community Support Service via Support, Time and Recovery (STaR) workers to Adults (aged 18-65) with severe and enduring Mental Health needs who are residents of the London Borough of Greenwich.
The service aims to promote independent living by providing companionship, regular and practical support with daily living to facilitate people to live as normal a life as possible. The London Borough of Greenwich is also seeking a Provider who will aim to provide a robust, efficient and effective service that will be driven by the objectives of maximising opportunities for prevention in all sectors that influence Mental Health and Wellbeing and promoting recovery and independence as well as maximising opportunities for social inclusion for Service Users.
The Successful Provider will work within, and support local statutory community teams such as the Community Mental Health Teams, in managing mental health clients in a variety of accommodation settings, and must be ideally experienced in providing STaR workers in a floating support set up to adult with mental health needs and must be able to provide evidence of good quality standards and the achievement of positive outcomes for the service users.
It is anticipated that this will be an initial contract for a three year period commencing in June 2008 with an option to extend for up to an additional 2 years.
The successful providers must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A proven track record and/or competence to directly deliver and/or manage a STaR worker or Floating support service to vulnerable service users with mental health needs.
- Financial Viability
- Competent administrative, management and financial policies and procedures to manage and monitor a borough-wide Community Support Service
- Effective employment policies
- Effective policies for STaR Workers development, supervision and training
- Effective policies to ensure the health and safety of staff and service users.
- Operate within a recognised social care and/or housing accreditation framework
Organisations wishing to express their interest in providing this service should write to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Senior Commissioning and Contracts Officer-Mental Health, Department of Adults and Older People, Greenwich Council, 2nd Floor Riverside House East, Woolwich High Street, London SE18 6BU
Closing date for expressions of interest is Noon 8th of March 2008. Pre-Qualification Packs will be sent out electronically to interested parties afterwards.