In-Work Credit

Who is it for?
Lone parents who have been claiming IS or JSA for 12 months or more who are returning to work of 16 hours a week or more for at least 5 weeks. .

Who pays it?
Job Centre Plus

Which leaflet? And how is it claimed?
Via Job Centre

What are the age limits?
16 or over and up to pension age

National Insurance based?

Means tested?

How long does it last?
Maximum of 52 weeks

What is effect on other benefits?
Ignored as income when calculating HB and CTB and tax credits. .

Is it taxable?

Increases for dependants?

Payable if in EU or other?

Points to watch
Additional to Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which may also be payable to a low-paid worker. Not payable to other ‘returners to work’ e.g. unemployed, carers or sick (but see Return to Work Credit)

You can view details of benefit amounts on the Community Care Inform website

The A-Z of Benefits 2009 was compiled by Gary Vaux and Community Care Inform


More from Community Care

Comments are closed.