Commissioning and Contracts Team – Housing and Adult Social Services
Provision of a Supported Living Service
City of York Council wishes to let two contracts, each for the support of three customers with learning disabilities living in the community. The contract(s) will be available to providers, or provider partnerships, for an initial term of three years, with intended service commencement dates of April 2009 and July 2009.
City of York Council is committed to the commissioning of high quality and innovative supported living services which are focussed on the individual. We would welcome expressions of interest from organisations with a similar commitment to these values, and who can show in addition the relevant knowledge and experience of supporting the people in this customer group.
We are asking providers who are interested in supporting the needs of our customers to complete a Pre Qualification Questionnaire, to be followed by a formal tendering process.
Only those providers identified through the Pre Qualification Questionnaire as being best able to meet our criteria will be invited to complete a formal tender.
If you feel that you are able to provide one or both of these services, you are invited to apply for a Pre Qualification Questionnaire to formally register your interest.
The closing date for the return of completed questionnaires is 17:00 on 1st October 2008.
Pre Qualification Questionnaires are available from:
Housing & Adult Social Services,
10-12 George Hudson
Tel: 01904 554066
City of York – Tender Notice
More from Community Care
- Local carers for local children: how one authority is investing in fostering excellence
- ‘We are working with families and building on strengths’
- How we prevent hospital admissions and support older people to remain safe at home
- How one council swapped paperwork and panels for enhanced person-centred practice and peer support
- ‘Working with adolescents requires a different skillset and mindset’
- Building relationships with children when you can’t visit
- ‘I can come to my manager with a challenge and it doesn’t mean I’m struggling’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters