Nottinghamshire County Council is inviting experienced and qualified social work professionals working in Children’s Social Care to join them for an open recruitment and CPD evening.
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 from 16:00 to 19:00
Rufford Mill, Rufford Abbey Country Park , Rufford Lane
BOOK A PLACE NOW@
Focus of Event
- * Find out about available job opportunities and the future of Children’s Social Care at Nottinghamshire County Council from Anthony May Corporate Director of Children Families and Cultural Services
- * Access Learning and development at Nottinghamshire County Council
- CPD session from Professor Harriet Ward CBE on “Obstacles to recognition and response to neglect in social care practice – lessons learnt from research”
The event will be a unique opportunity for those interested in a career in Children’s Social Care at Nottinghamshire County Council to come along and talk to senior managers about what it means to work at the Council as well as hearing about available job opportunities across a variety of roles including:
- Social Workers
- Practice Consultants
- Team Managers
- Independent Reviewing Officers
- Child Protection Coordinators
The event is free of charge and you will receive CPD credit for attending. If you feel this event might be of interest to your colleagues, please feel free to share this information and invite them to contact us to book a ticket.
- Qualified and experienced social work professionals from other areas interested in job opportunities at the Council
- Current Nottinghamshire County Council Social Workers
- Social Work agency assignees
- Children’s Social Care Managers
Speaker Profile: Professor Harriet Ward CBE Loughborough University
Professor Harriet Ward is director of the Centre for Child and Family Research and co-director of the Department for Education funded Childhood Wellbeing Research Centre (CWRC). She has over 20 years’ experience both as a research director and field researcher, as an adviser to policymakers and service providers, and as a social work practitioner.
She will be presenting the findings from her research:
Safeguarding Children Across Services: Messages from research on identifying and responding to child maltreatment, the overview of the Department of Health and Department for Education funded Safeguarding Children Research Initiative,
The event will take place at Rufford Mill in Rufford Country Park which is located in the centre of Nottinghamshire. This is easily accessible via the A1 from the North or A614 for those travelling from the south of England.
For those travelling from outside of Nottinghamshire; minibus transport may be available from Nottingham rail station if required – please get in touch to express an interest.
BOOK A PLACE NOW@
Nottinghamshire County Council@ the North West Social Work Show 7th November 2013, Hilton Deansgate Manchester
We are also in Manchester on 7th November 2013 at the North West Social Work Show at the Hilton Deansgate Manchester.
Come and say hello @ Stand 14! We will be on hand to tell you about the available job opportunities at Nottinghamshire County Council!
The event is free to all pre-registered visitors, just go to www.compassjobsfair.com to register for your ticket.