Brent Adult Social Services aspires to build a model of excellence in Health and Social Care. We seek individuals who have passion and creativity for working with customers with increasingly complex needs.
Working for Brent Adult Social Services:
Brent is an exciting and progressive place to live and work. We are the proud home of Wembley stadium, exciting small businesses, state of the art recreational centres and vibrant, multi cultured residents.
Adult Social Services work in partnership with the health service, independent and voluntary sector, to help vulnerable residents in the borough lead independent and socially inclusive lives.
In 2011 Adult Social Services was reconfigured into teams which follow a customer’s journey. From a single point of access, customers are screened and signposted towards the most appropriate pathway to access services.
Our team of experienced and dedicated staff provide social care services for customers with disabilities, diagnosed learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental ill health and older people across the following areas:
- Reablement and Safeguarding assist people to live independent lives by providing 6 weeks of intensive support following hospital discharge.
- Support Planning and Review develop person centred support plans [for older people, people with physical and learning disabilities]. Our Transitions team provides support for children with disabilities aged 14 to 25 years.
- Direct Services provide day and residential care services for eligible local community residents, including older people, and those with physical and learning disabilities
- Integrated Commissioning strategically manage the market place to ensure a range of services can provide customers with choice, value for money and support with purchasing.
- Finance Team manage the departmental expenditure, and support customers with financial assessments and personal budgets.
- Transformation Team deliver service improvement projects and research innovative service solutions to continually improve the department’s overall delivery.
Our vision and values
Our vision is working together, finding solutions. .Our values: Honest; Genuine; Listen; Take responsibility; Work together; Find solutions
What you can expect from us: our behaviours
- People First – we listen and work collaboratively to find shared solutions.
- Openness, Trust and Integrity – our relationships are based on honesty, respect, and fairness.
- Quality – we treat our customers the way we would like to be treated
- Teamwork – we value everyone’s contribution and support each other with a ‘can do’ attitude to deliver good outcomes
- Accountability – we take responsibility for our actions and we get things right first time
- We are committed to your professional development in line with the service’s development plans
- A competitive remuneration package
- A flexible working environment in order to maintain the service user at the core of everything we do.
What we expect from you:
- All care professionals are required to be registered with HCPC or another relevant professional body.
- Commitment to the ethos of quality and service excellence.
- Demonstrate a flexible and approachable attitude at all times
- Willing to work collaboratively to find sustainable solutions.
Are you the one?
We understand the importance of making the right job choices and we hope that after reading the information provided, you will be able to decide whether you have what it takes to be successful in an Adult Social Care role in Brent.
If you do and you share our commitment and aspirations to deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable residents, we look forward to hearing from you.