Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The Inspiring Images of Social Care competition (‘the Competition’) is organised by Reed Business Information Limited trading as Community Care (Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS. Company registered in the UK, Registered No: 151537), (‘RBI’).
2. The Competition is open to those employed in the area of social work in the UK and social care professionals, excluding employees of Reed Business Information Limited.
3. By entering the Competition, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Competition entries will be displayed on the RBI website at url communitycare.co.uk and at Community Care Live on 10 and 11 May 2016. The 12 winners will have their entry featured in an RBI charity calendar, which will be distributed to a selection of social care professionals chosen by RBI. No cash alternative is available.
6. The Competition closes at midnight on 22 April 2016. All entries received after this time will not be considered.
7. You warrant that any persons featured in your Competition entry have provided you with their written permission to use their image for the purposes of the Competition. If such a person is under the age of 18 or a person defined as a vulnerable adult under section 2.3 of the Department of Health’s publication guidance entitled ‘No Secrets: Guidance on developing and implementing multi-agency policies and procedures to protect vulnerable adults from abuse’ (March 2000) you warrant that you have obtained permission for the image of such person to be used from the relevant parent, carer, guardian or professional responsible for such person.
8. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by RBI.
9. The winners will be notified by RBI by 30 May 2016.
10. The winners’ names will also be available to view on communitycare.co.uk after this date. You may also send a stamped address envelope to request this information to Inspiring Images of Social Care, Community Care, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS.
11. The winning photographs will be chosen by RBI based on the criteria of photo quality and how well it answers the simple question, “does this image make me feel proud to be a social worker?”. The judges will pick the images that they judge to be the most inspiring. The judges will also take into account a photo’s popularity with Community Care readers and Community Care Live delegates.
12. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into whatsoever by RBI.
13.On submission of your entry you licence and grant RBI an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use and republish your photograph on all forms of media. You agree RBI may cut, edit or arrange your photograph where appropriate in print or online.
14. The winners of the Competition may be required to participate in publicity and promotional activities run by RBI to raise the profile of the profession.
15. The Competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.