Domestic abuse and older couples
While there is much greater awareness of domestic abuse more generally among social workers and social care professionals nowadays, there is still an uncomfortable silence around its existence between older couples. Reasons for this vary, but include a reluctance to believe that an older man – particularly a frail one – is capable of such a crime, and a misguided belief that violence lessens with age. But there are different types of domestic abuse and age is no barrier, as this special report demonstrates.
- ‘Our inspirational senior leaders invest in us’
- Podcast: working together to be stronger for children and families
- Trusting instincts and the evidence: NQSWs reflect on the past year
- “The family safeguarding model gives families the platform to tell us who they are – not what they are”
- Podcast: How do you help children who cannot speak?
- How investment in social workers is paying off for practitioners and the children and families they support
- Peeling back the red tape and freeing up social workers
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters