Rotherham abuse scandal
On the 26th August 2014, Professor Alexis Jay’s independent report into child sexual exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham revealed that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham had been raped and sexually abused. During this time the council had been found ‘suppressing’ the issue within Rotherham and over a third of victims were known to social services.
You can find everything you need to know about the scandal from a social work perspective in our news stories and analysis below.
- ‘Solutions can’t be scripted here – you have to be creative’
- Putting a team around the social worker to make a difference to families
- How working in residential care enables staff to build one-on-one relationships with young people
- ‘We will always challenge ourselves to transform our services to improve outcomes for children and families’
- ‘It’s our job is to observe the child, find their voice and be their advocate’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters