Rotherham abuse scandal
On the 26th August 2014, Professor Alexis Jay’s independent report into child sexual exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham revealed that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham had been raped and sexually abused. During this time the council had been found ‘suppressing’ the issue within Rotherham and over a third of victims were known to social services.
You can find everything you need to know about the scandal from a social work perspective in our news stories and analysis below.
Social work leaders
Community Care Inform
- ‘We want to tell children that we are doing everything we can to keep them with their family’
- “We need to be kinder to ourselves and our workforce”
- How social work expertise is helping children find stable homes
- Disability is no barrier to working in social care
- A helping hub for young people about to leave care
- ‘It’s every social worker’s dream – they listen to your ideas and let you try them’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters