Rotherham abuse scandal
On the 26th August 2014, Professor Alexis Jay’s independent report into child sexual exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham revealed that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham had been raped and sexually abused. During this time the council had been found ‘suppressing’ the issue within Rotherham and over a third of victims were known to social services.
You can find everything you need to know about the scandal from a social work perspective in our news stories and analysis below.
Community Care Inform
- Building relationships with children when you can’t visit
- ‘I can come to my manager with a challenge and it doesn’t mean I’m struggling’
- ‘Covid-19 has accelerated our improvement journey’
- How joined up working supports children’s social worker teams at Suffolk County Council
- Why working within a supportive and stable team is reaping results
- A place where new ideas to help support families are welcomed
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters