Rotherham abuse scandal
On the 26th August 2014, Professor Alexis Jay’s independent report into child sexual exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham revealed that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham had been raped and sexually abused. During this time the council had been found ‘suppressing’ the issue within Rotherham and over a third of victims were known to social services.
You can find everything you need to know about the scandal from a social work perspective in our news stories and analysis below.
Community Care Inform
- ‘Direct work at Cafcass makes you fall in love with social work all over again’
- Embedding families’ experiences into social care practice
- “Strengthening families is at the core of what we do”
- Creating a blueprint to transform children’s social care
- Ask, listen and change: how Medway is turning services around
- Proving the power of multi-agency teamwork in adult safeguarding
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters