Rotherham abuse scandal
On the 26th August 2014, Professor Alexis Jay’s independent report into child sexual exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham revealed that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham had been raped and sexually abused. During this time the council had been found ‘suppressing’ the issue within Rotherham and over a third of victims were known to social services.
You can find everything you need to know about the scandal from a social work perspective in our news stories and analysis below.
Social work leaders
Community Care Inform
- How the family safeguarding model is making a difference to social workers
- ‘Join an inspirational improvement journey to be the best social worker you can be’
- Why big is better when it comes to social work career opportunities
- Rebooted social work academy to focus on strengths and leadership
- ‘We have all the right ingredients to make a difference for children and families’
- Podcast: Newham reshapes practice in its improvement journey
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters