Rotherham abuse scandal
On the 26th August 2014, Professor Alexis Jay’s independent report into child sexual exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham revealed that at least 1,400 children in Rotherham had been raped and sexually abused. During this time the council had been found ‘suppressing’ the issue within Rotherham and over a third of victims were known to social services.
You can find everything you need to know about the scandal from a social work perspective in our news stories and analysis below.
Community Care Live
Community Care Inform
- Average caseloads have halved thanks to workload changes
- Asylum-seeking children: ‘Here you feel people care’
- How one council stayed connected to staff during the pandemic
- Be one of the ingredients on the journey to good and beyond
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters