The Social Services Workforce Report was revised last month. Key
vacancy rates in London averaging 17 per cent.
• Children social workers national vacancy rate was just
over 12 per cent.
• Average vacancy rate in all social services and social care
posts of just over 8 per cent.
• Turnover was highest among care staff in children’s
homes and elderly people’s
homes (18.9 per cent and 16.3 per cent respectively) and
occupational therapists (18.4 per cent).
• The groups most affected by reported recruitment
difficulties were children’s social
workers (49 per cent of SSDs reporting difficulties) and
occupational therapists (43 per cent).
• Reported retention difficulties were less widespread, the
most commonly affected
jobs being children’s social workers (31 per cent of social
services departments), occupational therapists (28 per cent) and
home care staff (21 per cent).
For more go to www.lg-employers.gov.uk