Click on the headline to go through to the article
That little bit extra
By Charles Patmore
* How can home care staff best be supported concerning the challenging aspects of the relationships they develop with frail, older people who are regular customers?
* Imagine you were a home care provider manager who was trying to encourage a new care worker to take a flexible, person-centred approach. How might you go about this?
* Imagine you were a social services purchaser who was trying to encourage a home care provider to take a flexible, person-centred approach. How might you go about this in terms of things like:
• the way you commissioned their services?
• the brief you gave their manager?
• the role played by your own care manager staff?
• the ways you monitored how the service was developing?
• any other influences?
GUIDE TIME FOR DISCUSSION: 2 hours