Greetings pop pickers! If one day you move into a care home or start going to a day centre, surely you’d want to hear the music of your choice rather than be subjected to what the staff think older people listen to? (ie. Vera Lynn and the like)
We want to hear what your top tunes would be.
If you were born in the 40s, 50s or 60s, tell us what music you would want as the soundtrack to your autumn years.
Email your selection to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s one top ten that might make the staff look at you in a new light….
1. Should I Stay or Should I Go? – The Clash
2. The Lunatics Have Taken Over the Asylum – Fun Boy Three
3. Born to Be Wild – Steppenwolf
4. I Think I’m Turning Japanese – The Vapours
5. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment – The Ramones
6. If I should Fall From Grace with God – The Pogues
7. Highway to Hell – AC/DC
8. Fade Away and Radiate – Blondie
9. Don’t Stop Me Now (I’m having such a good time) – Queen
10. My Way – Sid Vicious