Care in the capital Week, 15-19 September
Following the success of last year’s campaign, this
year’s Care in the Capital focus is on retention.
Recruitment and retention is one of the biggest challenges
facing social services, especially in London. Community Care
believes there is a need to: raise awareness of the positive roles
of social care workers and encourage people to consider careers in
This year’s campaign will focus on retention problems
faced by social care agencies in London and the need for a
co-ordinated strategy and more resources.
The awareness week will include:
* A major report exploring retention issues within social work
* A campaign launch with an invited audience of decision-makers and
* Retention masterclasses – for all London managers in social
* Job shadow: a celebrity spends a day as a social care
* ‘Caring London‘ survey.
* Media toolkit to be distributed to London social care employers
to help them participate in the week.
* Concluding symposium of major influencers and decision-makers
within social care.
But we need help and support to make sure this campaign is
* Help us spread the word to colleagues in your
* Promote your organisation’s best practice during the
* Highlight recruitment and retention issues during the week.
* Help with our media work.
* Use the Care in the Capital Week logo on all your
* Let others know it is a job worth doing and celebrate your
To find out more and how you can get involved,
or contact Community Care
on: 020 8652 4861