The idea that professional practice will be improved by more training, more continuous professional development (CPD) and higher levels of qualification is almost taken for granted. Unfortunately, the evidence to support this assumption is not always that robust.
The impact of continuing professional development and training on social work practice (Community Care Inform)
More from Community Care
- Average caseloads have halved thanks to workload changes
- Asylum-seeking children: ‘Here you feel people care’
- How one council stayed connected to staff during the pandemic
- Be one of the ingredients on the journey to good and beyond
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters