HCPC social work re-registration
The window of time to renew your registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) opens on 1 September.
This will be the first time social workers have renewed in the new system since the registration and regulation of social workers in England changed on 1 August 2012, when the Health and Care Professions Council took over responsibility for the social care register.
This changed the way that continuing professional development (CPD) is approached. Alongside the renewal of social workers’ registration, the HCPC will be auditing the CPD profiles of a random sample of 2.5% of all the social workers in England.
Any social worker who does not complete the re-registration process by 30 November will no longer be able to practise legally as a social worker. Make sure you understand how to show your continuing professional development and complete your renewal online using our guides below:
Social work leaders
Community Care Inform
- ‘We want to tell children that we are doing everything we can to keep them with their family’
- “We need to be kinder to ourselves and our workforce”
- How social work expertise is helping children find stable homes
- Disability is no barrier to working in social care
- A helping hub for young people about to leave care
- ‘It’s every social worker’s dream – they listen to your ideas and let you try them’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters