HCPC social work re-registration
The window of time to renew your registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) opens on 1 September.
This will be the first time social workers have renewed in the new system since the registration and regulation of social workers in England changed on 1 August 2012, when the Health and Care Professions Council took over responsibility for the social care register.
This changed the way that continuing professional development (CPD) is approached. Alongside the renewal of social workers’ registration, the HCPC will be auditing the CPD profiles of a random sample of 2.5% of all the social workers in England.
Any social worker who does not complete the re-registration process by 30 November will no longer be able to practise legally as a social worker. Make sure you understand how to show your continuing professional development and complete your renewal online using our guides below:
- ‘Our inspirational senior leaders invest in us’
- Podcast: working together to be stronger for children and families
- Trusting instincts and the evidence: NQSWs reflect on the past year
- “The family safeguarding model gives families the platform to tell us who they are – not what they are”
- Podcast: How do you help children who cannot speak?
- How investment in social workers is paying off for practitioners and the children and families they support
- Peeling back the red tape and freeing up social workers
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters