HCPC social work re-registration
The window of time to renew your registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) opens on 1 September.
This will be the first time social workers have renewed in the new system since the registration and regulation of social workers in England changed on 1 August 2012, when the Health and Care Professions Council took over responsibility for the social care register.
This changed the way that continuing professional development (CPD) is approached. Alongside the renewal of social workers’ registration, the HCPC will be auditing the CPD profiles of a random sample of 2.5% of all the social workers in England.
Any social worker who does not complete the re-registration process by 30 November will no longer be able to practise legally as a social worker. Make sure you understand how to show your continuing professional development and complete your renewal online using our guides below:
- Making flexible working work for social workers, their families and the families they support
- A safe and supportive environment in which NQSWs can learn and flourish
- How one council is working to capture the voice of the child
- A job that doesn’t feel like work
- ‘There’s a real sense of pride in our work to reunite families’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters