HCPC social work re-registration
The window of time to renew your registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) opens on 1 September.
This will be the first time social workers have renewed in the new system since the registration and regulation of social workers in England changed on 1 August 2012, when the Health and Care Professions Council took over responsibility for the social care register.
This changed the way that continuing professional development (CPD) is approached. Alongside the renewal of social workers’ registration, the HCPC will be auditing the CPD profiles of a random sample of 2.5% of all the social workers in England.
Any social worker who does not complete the re-registration process by 30 November will no longer be able to practise legally as a social worker. Make sure you understand how to show your continuing professional development and complete your renewal online using our guides below:
Social work leaders
Community Care Inform
- ‘We ask our staff to leave stereotypes behind when working with our diverse communities’
- ‘I feel lucky to be part of Essex: the training opportunities are vast’
- How the family safeguarding model is making a difference to social workers
- ‘Join an inspirational improvement journey to be the best social worker you can be’
- Why big is better when it comes to social work career opportunities
- Rebooted social work academy to focus on strengths and leadership
- ‘We have all the right ingredients to make a difference for children and families’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters