Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- ‘Our inspirational senior leaders invest in us’
- Podcast: working together to be stronger for children and families
- Trusting instincts and the evidence: NQSWs reflect on the past year
- “The family safeguarding model gives families the platform to tell us who they are – not what they are”
- Podcast: How do you help children who cannot speak?
- How investment in social workers is paying off for practitioners and the children and families they support
- Peeling back the red tape and freeing up social workers
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters