Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- How training and business support helped a council embed systemic practice
- Positive vibrations: How team spirit makes this social work locality the place to be
- ‘How transforming social work practice took us from good to outstanding’
- ‘The children of West Sussex are depending on us to get this right’
- How a council is helping staff work creatively by giving them freedom from bureaucracy
- How the right professional support transforms a job in social work into a fulfilling career
- Social workers reveal the seven key things that made their service ‘outstanding’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters