Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- Fewer cases and more direct work: why I spend my social work career outside the town hall
- Why developing social workers is the key to success at this ‘outstanding’ council
- How this council is creating a safe, supportive environment for children’s social workers
- ‘It feels like we’re doing worthwhile work here – real, grassroots social work’
- I’ve had the same manager for 12 years, so I’ve never seen a need to leave
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters