Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- How one council stayed connected to staff during the pandemic
- Be one of the ingredients on the journey to good and beyond
- Local carers for local children: how one authority is investing in fostering excellence
- ‘We are working with families and building on strengths’
- How we prevent hospital admissions and support older people to remain safe at home
- How one council swapped paperwork and panels for enhanced person-centred practice and peer support
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters