Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- Why working within a supportive and stable team is reaping results
- A place where new ideas to help support families are welcomed
- How one council encourages trainee social workers to learn on the job
- ‘Staff feel valued, cared for and nurtured’: the difference a children’s services company can make
- Embedding families’ experiences into social care practice
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters