Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- ‘Our culture of focusing on children’s needs and outcomes comes from the very top’
- ‘We ask our staff to leave stereotypes behind when working with our diverse communities’
- ‘I feel lucky to be part of Essex: the training opportunities are vast’
- How the family safeguarding model is making a difference to social workers
- ‘Join an inspirational improvement journey to be the best social worker you can be’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters