Good, and bad, advice is everywhere. As part of our campaign to Stand Up For Social Work, we asked social workers from adults and children’s social work what advice they would give to a new social worker. We also asked them to reflect on what advice has had the most impact on their career – either in a good or bad way.
What’s the best or worst advice you’ve been given as a social worker?
As part of our Stand Up For Social Work campaign, we are asking you to share your favourite (or least favourite) tips for new social workers
More from Community Care
- ‘I wanted to be where social work meant reduced caseloads, better outcomes and being at the forefront of practice’
- ‘Try before you buy’ and peer training: how a council is giving its social workers new opportunities
- How direct work that empowers families is delivering big benefits for social workers in this council
- ‘There’s no hesitation at all. We’re a team’
- How one council is making children-in-care profiles focus on needs not risks
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters