Day services for older people in Hampshire provide a range of important support and care services for people and their carers. Services and activities for older people promote independence and enhance the quality of life of those who attend. Such services are directed at combating isolation and exclusion and help to keep older people as part of their local communities, in touch with what is going on and being part of local life.This procurement opportunity seeks to secure the ongoing provision of day services past the end of current contract terms.Building on good work in the communities, the service will:
- Offer sessional support for older people with cognitive impairments (including dementia). This service also aims to support unpaid carers of older people by providing the opportunity of a respite break.
- Offer sessions 4 hours in length, a day is typically 9.30am to 3.30pm however flexibility in offering sessions is encouraged as required by the service users and carers.
- Be enabling or re-abling in nature and aim to build confidence for service users to access community opportunities outside of the service. The Service Provider will work pro-actively to incorporate an outcome focused approach to the delivery of services.
- Provide meaningful activities for service users during sessions and people will be supported with personal needs.
- Have a community based venue although part of service delivery will include outreach and outings for people according to the needs of individuals and their identified personal outcomes.
The service outlined can be developed upon, Service Providers are encouraged to deliver additional elements such as breakfast clubs, take away meal / snack service, bathing service, laundry etc. for which they may make an additional charge direct to the service user.
The first stage of a two stage procurement process will be for a period of three years with an option to extend for a period or periods not exceeding six years in total (3+3+3). The combined Older Persons Day Activities services value for the initial period of three years will be around £8.033 million.
TUPE may apply for second stage mini competitions.
More details regarding this tendering opportunity, including indicative timetables for the second stage mini competitions, are available to view within Hampshire County Council’s e-tendering system, In-Tend from 29/07/2016.
Go to https://in-tendhost.co.uk/hampshire/ and then click on the Current Tenders button to view this opportunity. Guidance in the use of In-Tend can be found on the In-Tend site by clicking on the Information for Suppliers button. Initial Expressions Of Interest must be made using In-Tend with a deadline for initial submissions of 30/08/2016.