Updated: record CPD easily with Community Care Inform

Use our My CPD tool to record and upload CPD in line with Social Work England’s requirements, as part of re-registration and throughout the year

Photo: SkyLine/fotolia

Article updated 11 January 2022

If you have a Community Care Inform Children or Community Care Inform Adults licence, did you know you can use your account to record CPD?

The ‘My CPD’ feature is a straightforward way to record learning from our resources and other experiences. Question prompts match Social Work England’s requirements, supporting you to critically reflect on the impact learning had on your practice, while identifying which of the eight elements it meets of the regulator’s CPD standard.

All your recordings are stored in your personal CPD log, which you can access and edit at any time. You can export your log as a Word document, which can then be uploaded to Social Work England’s unstructured form as your evidence of CPD. You can also copy and paste if you only want to share some of your CPD as part of re-registration.

See this video for a quick demonstration of how our CPD tool works:

The video above shows Community Care Inform Children. You can watch a video showing Community Care Inform Adults here. The process is the same on both sites and if you have access to both, all your CPD will be stored together and accessible from either site.

This year, for the re-registration period that ends 30 November 2022, Social Work England is asking practitioners to record at two pieces of CPD.

As well as providing evidence for registration, lots of subscribers use their CPD log throughout the year to keep a record of their learning from guides, videos, podcasts, case law and group activities they’ve used on our site. As you can also add your own record of learning and development, it can be a handy place to keep everything together. You can download and print your CPD log at any time, for example to use in supervision and reflective or development discussions.

Any CPD you recorded prior to the 2019 change in regulator will still be available in your log.

Use the links below to log in to the site relevant for your service, or to access your existing log.

community care inform children logo


For further information, see:

Not sure if you have access to Community Care Inform? Community Care Inform is typically purchased by organisational subscription. We partner with local authorities, NHS trusts, universities, colleges and charities to support their workforces. Contact your manager, principal social worker or learning and development team to check whether you could already have access to a licence through your organisation. You can also contact our helpdesk or click here for information if you are an independent or agency social worker.

, ,

Comments are closed.