The idea that professional practice will be improved by more training, more continuous professional development (CPD) and higher levels of qualification is almost taken for granted. Unfortunately, the evidence to support this assumption is not always that robust.
The impact of continuing professional development and training on social work practice (Community Care Inform)
More from Community Care
- Why we’re investing £6.5m to recruit more than 100 children’s social workers
- Helping to make the difference
- Young people leading the way on changing services in Doncaster
- What works (and what doesn’t) when celebrating social workers’ successes
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters