The idea that professional practice will be improved by more training, more continuous professional development (CPD) and higher levels of qualification is almost taken for granted. Unfortunately, the evidence to support this assumption is not always that robust.
The impact of continuing professional development and training on social work practice (Community Care Inform)
More from Community Care
- Why moving 100 miles for a job was the best decision of my social work career
- New approaches, new ideas to help children get a fresh start
- ‘Just over a week after I joined, we got the call from Ofsted’
- Variety and security: Life as a peripatetic social worker
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters