The idea that professional practice will be improved by more training, more continuous professional development (CPD) and higher levels of qualification is almost taken for granted. Unfortunately, the evidence to support this assumption is not always that robust.
The impact of continuing professional development and training on social work practice (Community Care Inform)
More from Community Care
- Why this council is reinventing the social work front door by saying goodbye to written referrals
- Can you see the real me?
- ‘A director’s job is to enable social workers to be the best they can be’
- 5 reasons why social workers love to work at this council
- How this adult social care service’s open culture supports brave social work
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters