Assistant Director and head of the legal team at the Howard League for Penal Reform
What’s been your best job?
I think working at the Howard League representing children in prison and has been the most rewarding and enlightening work. It has come with huge pressures from the volume of work that we do and to witness the chaos, abuse and neglect that this country knowingly exposes on children to.
If you were stuck on a desert island, and you could take one person and one object, who and what would they be?
I would take my girlfriend (predictable) and my swimming googles
Who inspires you and why?
Camilla at Kids Co. She has the courage and dedication to face problems and provide answers.
Where is your favourite place?
Toco Bay, Trinidad
Which celebrity would you want to play you in a film?
What was the last CD you bought?
R&B Essential, Summer 2007
What are you reading?
“A boy called A”
What’s your favourite film?
Wings of Desire
Big Brother – Treat or Trash?
Trash (and treat)
Pets – yes or no?
Yes, but no time.
If you were on Death Row, what would be your final meal?
salt fish rice and peas, plantain, and a dumpling
How would you want to be remembered?
Thorn in the side.
Previous In the Spotlights
Quickfire Q&A with Chris Callender
More from Community Care
- ‘We have all the right ingredients to make a difference for children and families’
- Podcast: Newham reshapes practice in its improvement journey
- Reflective sessions that allow social workers to put the local into national discussions
- Working from home but not working alone – how social workers are staying connected
- Podcasts and advent calendars: rethinking CPD for social workers
- New podcast episode on innovation and frontline social work
- ‘We want to tell children that we are doing everything we can to keep them with their family’
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters