Assistant Director and head of the legal team at the Howard League for Penal Reform
What’s been your best job?
I think working at the Howard League representing children in prison and has been the most rewarding and enlightening work. It has come with huge pressures from the volume of work that we do and to witness the chaos, abuse and neglect that this country knowingly exposes on children to.
If you were stuck on a desert island, and you could take one person and one object, who and what would they be?
I would take my girlfriend (predictable) and my swimming googles
Who inspires you and why?
Camilla at Kids Co. She has the courage and dedication to face problems and provide answers.
Where is your favourite place?
Toco Bay, Trinidad
Which celebrity would you want to play you in a film?
What was the last CD you bought?
R&B Essential, Summer 2007
What are you reading?
“A boy called A”
What’s your favourite film?
Wings of Desire
Big Brother – Treat or Trash?
Trash (and treat)
Pets – yes or no?
Yes, but no time.
If you were on Death Row, what would be your final meal?
salt fish rice and peas, plantain, and a dumpling
How would you want to be remembered?
Thorn in the side.
Previous In the Spotlights
Quickfire Q&A with Chris Callender
More from Community Care
- A helping hub for young people about to leave care
- ‘It’s every social worker’s dream – they listen to your ideas and let you try them’
- How we keep wellbeing at the forefront of our workforce priorities
- Supporting social work teams through a pandemic
- Average caseloads have halved thanks to workload changes
- Employer zone – showcasing a selection of the sector’s top recruiters